Oneida, Tennessee: The National Park Service (NPS) invites photographers to submit entries for an exhibit at Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. The NPS is looking for striking digital images highlighting the spectacular views, historic sites, recreational opportunities, and diversity of life in the park. Images may show wildlife, plant life, natural landscapes, historic areas, weather, or people interacting with nature within the boundaries of Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. All photographs, except those submitted in the artistic category, should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
Photographs may be submitted into one of seven categories:
• Action/Adventure — Photographs of people participating in recreational activities
• Artistic — Artistic compositions in nature, both natural and manipulated in post processing
• Cultural — Photographs that illustrate historic or culturally significant structures
• Flora & Fauna — Animals in their natural habitat, including close-ups of invertebrates, or plants in their natural habitat, including close-ups of flowers, fungi, lichen, and algae
• Youth — Entries in any category by photographers under 18 years of age
• Kentucky Landscapes — Expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Kentucky park boundaries
• Tennessee Landscapes — Expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Tennessee park boundaries.
Entries will be judged on technical excellence, originality, creativity, visual impact, and artistic merit. Judges’ decisions are final. Selected images will be printed for an exhibition at Bandy Creek Visitor Center that will open on Saturday, September 3, 2016. Selected images may also be displayed on the internet and other venues.
Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, 4564 Leatherwood Road, Oneida, TN 37841. 423-569-9778 phone. www.nps.gov/biso
National Park Service U.S. Department of the Interior
EXPERIENCE YOUR AMERICA™
The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage.
The contest is open to all photographers, except NPS employees and their immediate families and household members. Each person may only submit two photos into the competition. All photos must be in a digital format. Entries must be received no later than Tuesday, July 22, 2016. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form with all information clearly filled out. Entry forms may be downloaded from https://www.nps.gov/biso/planyourvisit/biso-photo-contest.htm
Entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered or mailed to the park headquarters at Big South Fork NRRA, 4564 Leatherwood Road, Oneida, Tennessee 37841, Attn: Photo Exhibit.
For more information on the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, please call (423) 286-7275.