Skip to content

Child and Adult Care Food Program

The McCreary County School System is pleased to announce that it is now participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) for 2016-2017.   Students that stay in after school academic/enrichment and athletic programs are eligible to participate in this free/reduced price meal program.   Because the McCreary County School System is a full CEP district, these meals will be provided at no cost to students.

The CACFP provides for nutritious meals and snacks to qualifying participants participating in after school programs, childcare centers, daycare homes, Headstart programs, adult day cares and after school programs.  The program also works to establish positive eating habits at the earliest stages of development, reduces future health care & education costs by encouraging proper early development and provides training and support of local center personnel.

The program is federally funded through the USDA and administered by the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE), Division of School and Community Nutrition.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Leave a Comment